community coalition development
Mitigating substance abuse from the roots.
Substance abuse is a local problem. Therefore efforts to prevent substance abuse would require more
The coalitions could be activity/event focused coalitions, service/program focused coalitions, community mobilization coalitions or comprehensive community coalitions. Statistics show that community anti-drug coalition helps reduce drug consumption among youths: alcohol 27%, tobacco 32%, marijuana 14%, and prescription drugs 11%.
Strategic Prevention Framework
Community anti-drug coalition
Stakeholders in community
- Religious organizations
- Law enforcement
- Youth-Serving organizations
- Healthcare professionals/organizations
- Local or state government with expertise in substance abuse
- Traditional leaders
- Civic/Volunteering groups
- Other organizations involved in substance abuse prevention
- Any other group depending on the peculiarity of the community
We would love to be of help to you.
Please leave us a message.
We provide solutions to substance abuse through life skills training to prevent the initiation of substance use, help users to abstain and or live a quality life.
© 2020 Gisa Initiative.
No.17, Ayodele Fanoiki street, Adjacent Magodo Police Post, Magodo Estate Phase 1,Isheri, Lagos State, Nigeria.